As you know, I am soooo in love with pie anything.....pies in a jar, pie pops, pie bites, pie...pie...pie etc.! I thought I had mastered them all until I thought of "pies in a lid".
This afternoon I taught my newlywed daughter how to make Conference Cinnamon Rolls that she has eaten twice a year since she was a toddler. I only make them twice a year when we gather together to listen to our church leaders speak at the LDS General Conference. Hence the name Conference Cinnamon Rolls. Her favorite job as a little girl was to lick the beaters and she still does. I'm posting out of request from my children and friends who have had these and love them. Enjoy!
One of the hottest trending children's "toys" out there is a simple stone, a Story Stone. Story Stones are all over Etsy, Pinterest and local markets too. They are simple to make and give hours of creative fun for your entire family.
A Story Stone is simply a stone that has an image on it that helps spark a story. To play with them you paint or modge-podge a collection of images onto rocks and place in a bag. You can play with one person by having them choose a rock and start a story, pick another rock and add a little more until your tale is told.
In a group setting have one person pick a rock and tell a sentence and then pass the bag onto the next person who chooses a story stone and adds another sentence, and so on. For children who are very young, you can have them draw their story after choosing a rock. I love this game because it gets everyone talking and laughing together...and the stories never end!
In addition to teaching I will also be at Swiss Days over Labor Day weekend in Booth A-2 with finished boards, unfinished boards and quilt block patterns for sale. We love this event! It has been a tradition in our family for years and I look forward to seeing many of you there! I will also be at the Sundance Harvest Festival on September 24th. Come by for a visit!
- Swiss Days - Midway, Utah September 2 & 3
- Olie and Evie - Riverton, Utah September 10th 9:00 am - 1:00 pm (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- My Girlfriend's Quilt Shoppe - Logan, Utah September 16th 9:30 am - 1:30 pm & 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm. (435-654-2844)
- Sundance Harvest Festival - September 24th 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Elaine's Quilt Block - Cottonwood Heights, Utah October 8th 11:00 am - 3:00 pm (801-947-9100)
- American Quilting - Orem, Utah October 14th 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm (801-802-7841)
- International Quilt Market - Houston, Texas October 28th - 30th