2. Take your background rectangle and sew a 1/2 inch seam around the edges of the background square. Sew a 1" pocket across the top to allow for a rod to hang it with.
3. Take one of the five strips sew the bottom of the strip with a 1/4 inch hem. Sew a running stitch across the top of the strip and gather across. Pin to the background at the bottom and sew into place. This will secure the gathers and the strip to the background.
5. When you get to the top or last strip....tuck under the top a 1/4 inch before you sew it to the background. This is to hide the rough edge.
6. Glue rick-rac or pom-pom fringe to the last strip's seam to hide the stitches.
8. To hang...screw in two bracket holders to the front of the cabinet and hang!
If you have any questions on this project shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will happily answer them for you. It took a little juggling to get it right....but I LOVE the pop of color and fun it gave my kitchen. I saved the cabinet door so I can put it back IF I ever want to!